Skip to main content

My Favorite Movie: Paranormal Activity....Here's Why

 I have seen and loved many horror movies, from the classics like Halloween and Friday The 13th to Bad Ben, Insidious, and The conjuring. While the classics will always be the best and most loved horror movies, Paranormal Activity has a spot in my dark, decrepit soul. 

I mean...I even have a signed poster!

Signed Paranormal Activity Poster


Paranormal activity centers around a couple, Katie Featherston and Micah Sloat, a husband, and wife, who move into a typical suburban home; one believes in the paranormal, and the other is a skeptic. Soon after, the couple begins to experience unexplained occurrences in their home, leading to Micah eventually using their camera to film the strange events. 

Some people don't like paranormal activity and find it a bit drag, but they usually are into movies that need gore and too much blood to scare you; IMHO, if a film really needs all that, what good is it? It's not really scary; it's exciting; yes, some are even very disturbing, but technically I don't feel that creeping fear that a good psychological horror like Paranormal Activity can provide. Now, if a movie can make you look over your shoulder constantly, making you feel like YOU are in the film, like YOU are the one, not alone, without so much as the cast being shot or stabbed or beheaded, then that movie has done its job and is a true masterpiece. 

When I watched the first paranormal activity for the first time, it scared the living shit out of me, especially the scene with the phantom footsteps running up the stairs because I have experienced that same fucking shit in a house I used to live in many years ago, I ignored the goings-on in that house for the most part. Eventually, I moved, but I found that many of the experiences Katie and her husband were experiencing in the first movie were eerily similar to strange shit that occurred in my own home. 

Another thing I love about Paranormal activity is its found-footage/homemade video style. I am a HUGE fan of the found footage film style. Paranormal Activity is my absolute favorite in the genre, mainly because the camera isn't constantly shaking all over the place, you can see what is going on, and you are literally on the edge of your seat the whole time, wondering what is going to happen next, will it be a bang? A door slam? A shadow that ever so covertly escapes your peripheral vision so that you must rewind to make sure you saw it?

This makes the film so good and keeps many of us fans coming back for more. 

Next Of Kin

with that said, Next Of Kin was great...at the end. It definitely got off to a plodding start. It was my least favorite among the franchise; there was too much character development and not enough eeriness, jump scares, and actual paranormal happenings; the whole time I watched it, I felt the movie lacked in literally everything that made the franchise so famous. However, the ending was definitely worth the long humdrum of the film's beginning. It was like actually licking a tootsie pop until you finally get to the surprise center (yes, I'm thinking the same thing as you); I will just say it, the first half of Next Of Kin SUCKED, but the ending was so fucking fantastic, and I hope to God if they do make another Paranormal activity, without giving too much away, that they build on that ending and how it could possibly change the world but please for the love of God stick to what made the franchise famous!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dream About Vladimir Putin

Due to my recent astral meeting with Vladimir Putin I can't go back to normal, how do you? How do you go back to normal knowing these politicians can do what they do? How do you go back to normal knowing a bunch of psy ops soldiers can walk between dimensions, shove a black oily pill down your throat in the hopes you'll forget everything you saw? Well it didn't work guys, I'm still here and I still remember. Yea my thoughts sounds schizo as hell I know that's because when you've encountered so many paranormal things and then nothing, and then you never have a strange encounter again your brain tends to get fucked up because you know, now you know what the real world is and how the fuck do you go back from that?

Remote Viewing Trump Shooter

I decided to remote view the "Shooter" before he could be identified just to test my remote viewing abilities that I've had all my life. Below are the results:

Excessive nose bleeds after 2nd UFO Encounter

After sometime my encounters with the men in black stopped but so did the extraterrestrial encounters too. I could finally just be normal. Until my mother (I'm adopted) started telling me odd things. She said she'd have nightmares about me disappearing and she'd wake up and I'd be gone. Then out of nowhere she'd find me. Anyways. I left out an interesting point in my previous posts. After being taken on the craft for the first time, I'd have severe nose bleeds to the point that my mom had to get towels. It was every night for weeks. Finally my mom sought medical care. The ER doctor finally told us that I had an object in my nose but couldn't remove it. To this day I guess it's still in there I don't know but the nosebleeds did stop eventually. Fast forward a few years, and I was sitting outside with a friend, we both happened to look up and saw a craft. It was huge. It looked like it covered all of NYC. We were both teens at the time. I ran inside an...